Acne is a common skin problem that affects over 75% of teenagers and young adults in their early to late twenties, and as much as 7% of older adults.
Some people recover from this skin condition without any long-term negative effects, but unfortunately many teens and adults are left with unsightly acne scars that can be embarrassing as well as hard to get rid of.
Common Types of Scarring
- Icepick Scars – This type of scarring is indicated by narrow and sharp scars that often look like the skin was ruptured by an icepick. These marks are usually pretty narrow and can extend into the subcutaneous layer of the skin. Usually icepick scars are too deep for common treatments such as dermabrasion or laser resurfacing.
- Boxcar Scars – This type of acne scar is oval-shaped and aren’t quite as deep as Icepick marks. They appear to be shallow, wide, and give the skin a pitted appearance. These can typically be treated with topical creams or skin resurfacing.
- Rolling Scars – This type of scarring has a wave-like appearance. These develop due to the tissue between the skin and subcutaneous tissue below pulling the epidermis. Because these fibrous bands pull the epidermis from underneath, it creates a rolling appearance. Some people resort to subcision treatments for rolling scars.
- Keloid Scars – These are also known as hypertrophic, and appear as a raised area of the skin which are often bigger than the original wound. Instead of appearing because a loss of tissue, hypertrophic scarring develop due to an overgrowth of collagen on the skin. Common treatment options include cortisone creams or injections to help flatten the scar.
Do Acne Scar Creams Work?
Topical creams used for acne scar removal will have varied results depending on which brand or product you decide to go with. Using topical treatments that consist of Retin-A (tretinoin), Alpha-Hydroxy Acids (AHA), and Beta-Hydroxy Acid (BHA) can help enhance the skin’s healing and recovery process. But the problem with most skin care products is that they don’t contain the right concentration of each ingredient in order to make it truly effective.
Over the past few months, our team has been analyzing and reviewing many of the top acne scar creams on the market to determine which products are worth using, and which ones are just promoting fake promises with inferior ingredients. We’ve used the following factors to rate each product to help you find a cream that is effective, safe, and inexpensive.
- Are the ingredients safe and all-natural? – We firmly believe that a skin care cream is only as good as the ingredients inside. It’s important to make sure that a product doesn’t contain harsh chemicals that can complicate the existing problem.
- Does the product work? – No one wants to spend money on an acne scar cream that doesn’t work as well as promised. We spent months going through user reviews and testimonials to see how well customers responded to various products on the market.
- Company reputation – Is the scar cream manufactured by a reputable skin care company or a fly-by-night operation? We only recommend products from companies with top-notch customer service with strong reputations.
- Money back guarantee and pricing – We looked at each acne scar product to see their guarantee and refund policy in case something doesn’t work for your type of scarring. We checked to see which creams contain full 100% money back guarantees and were reasonably priced.
After reviewing over dozens of different acne scar removal creams, we’ve concluded that the following two products are at the top of the list and get our highest recommendation for people looking to find the best scar cream without spending an arm and a leg.
#1 – Dermefface FX7
Dermefface FX7 is a product that’s designed to treat all types of scars including ones from surgery, burns, accidents, or acne. As soon as you start applying Dermefface, it starts working to speed up the healing process on all layers of the skin including the dermis, epidermis, and subcutaneous tissue. The great part about this cream is that it uses an all-natural formula consisting clinically proven ingredients, potent antioxidants, and powerful moisturizers.
The user reviews and feedback from customers that have tried Dermefface FX7 have been more positive than any other acne scar cream we’ve reviewed. Many customers reported seeing positive results within the first 4 weeks of usage, which is really fast compared to other products available. This acne scar product is very reasonably priced, but it’s only available online from their official web site (link provided below). They also give customers ease-of-mind by providing a 90-day money back guarantee in case you aren’t 100% satisfied with your results.
#2 Revitol Scar Cream
Revitol is our #2 recommendation, and a close second behind Dermefface FX7. It works by enhancing your skin’s ability to regenerate by increasing collagen and elastin levels to damaged skin caused by scarring. This treatment also works on all types of scars including acne, cuts, burns, or trauma. One of the things we really like about Revitol’s formula is the inclusion of plant extracts that work to moisturize the skin to make it look more revitalized, vibrant, and less dry.
The company recommends you use the scar removal cream at least twice a day, and allow it to soak into your skin for 2 to 4 minutes. After analyzing customer reviews on this treatment, we’ve seen many people report seeing great results within the first 3-4 months of usage, while a select few people didn’t report much improvement at all. Your results with Revitol will depend greatly on how deep your acne scars are, but the majority of people have had positive results with it.