If you have scars that you would like to diminish, you may be looking into scar treatments that will help, and have run across Cimeosil in your research.
Many consumers nowadays like to look before they leap when it comes to pulling the trigger on purchasing a previously untried product. This is wise. No matter what you want or need, you will usually find a multitude of choices and it pays to dig a little, in order to unearth all the information you need to make an informed buying decision.
Cimeosil is one of a number of scar treatments on the market. It is manufactured by a company called Allied Biochemical, that seems to specialize in body contouring type implants and medical silicone products such as sheets and tubing.
This product claims to improve the appearance of all scars, especially raised scars such as keloids and other hypertrophy scars. The product website states that its products will reduce both the redness and thickness of scars, and will work on fresh as well as old scars.
There are four basic products available in the Cimeosil lineup:
- Scar Gels
- Laser Gels
- Gel Sheeting
- Scar Management Kits
One of the first things you generally like to know about a product that will be applied to your skin is what is in it. Unfortunately, discovering the exact ingredients of this product is challenging. It seems that they are all made with medical silicone, other than that there is no information available.
The scar gels are apparently a silicone or silicone based gel that you apply directly to the scar. The laser gels are formulated for sensitive skin, ordinarily facial scars. The gel sheeting is available in specialized shapes to accommodate a variety of scars, such as breast reconstruction and others. The scar management kits include gel sheeting and Cimeosil gel.
If you buy the scar gel, it is available in a range of package sizes containing up to a 12 pack of 14 gram gels. The laser gels come in a 5 gram and a 14 gram tube. If you opt for gel sheeting, you have several choices as to size and shape. The scar management kit, as noted above, contains one 3.75 inch by 3.75 inch piece of gel sheeting and one 5 gram tube of scar gel.
Here are the prices:
- Scar gels start at $16 for the 5 gram tube and go all the way up to $248 for the 12 pack of 14 gram tubes.
- Laser gels are $16.00 for the small tube and $29.95 for the larger, 14 gram tube.
- Gel sheeting ranges in price from $29.95 on up to $58.00, depending on the type you buy.
- Scar management kits are $39.95.
Shipping is free is you spend at least $49, with delivery within 6 to 8 days.
You won’t find much in the way of legitimate user reviews for Cimeosil. There are a few that are pretty negative, but if you check out the domain registration of the websites where these appear, you will discover that these are sites owned by a competitor, so it would seem doubtful that they are impartial.
Your best bet is to look on various message boards where people are discussing the treatment of scars, and sift through those. According to a couple of mentions of this product on relevant internet discussion boards, the product does work—at least to some extent.
- One pro is that the product line up offers different types of products. This would be helpful if you needed a gel created for facial scars, such as the Cimeosil laser gel, or for mastectomy scars, for which it offers specially shaped sheets.
- It is a low cost alternative to plastic surgery if you want to lessen the severity of scars.
- There is a money back guarantee if you return the product within 30 days, subject to a 15% handling fee. The stipulation is that there must be at least half of the product left when you send it back.
- The cons are that it is not widely available and must be ordered online, either from the Cimeosil website or a couple of others. This means paying shipping, plus a wait for delivery.
- Another con is that there are almost no credible user reviews. So, if you want to try the Cimeosil products, you will be going into it basically blind and will simply have to pay your money and take your chances.
In summary, Cimeosil does have a nice selection of gels and sheets with something to address various specific problem areas, so it may well be worth a try if you have problem scars.