The Scar Zone Acne Scar Treatment is a cream treatment for scars that develop after long exposure of facial skin to acne. It claims to quickly deminish scars, brown spots and discoloration that often results from having severe acne.
As with many similar products, the Scar Zone cream has salicyclic acid (2% to be specific), which helps remove dead skin and allows for the regrowing of new, healthy skin cells. This cream also claims to eliminate acne and pimples while getting rid of the scarring.
So basically it is an all in one cream that tackles several facial skin problems all at once. It works best when used twice a day, for an extended period of time. The antioxidant poly-phenols in the cream help minimize the effects of the acidic ingredients and promote the regrowth of new cells, so the extended use should not have any negative effects.
The Scar Zone Acne Scar Treatment will also treat areas other than the face, so it is tough enough to tackle acne scars on more durable skin and gentle enough for facial skin. It does not stain so it can be applied under clothes and it does not have a heavy texture so it can be work with makeup.
Why Use an Acne Scar Treatment
Many have suffered from acne since they were young teenagers, and many try basically everything under the sun for the acne. This included harsh medications to natural and organic products. Some of these help while others don’t. Some, such as antibiotic treatments, can help for a time and then stop being effective. So the road can be long and hard. Normally, after a certain age the acne wears off, but it leaves some scarring behind. Acne scarring can range from small light scars to large, dark scarring, which effects self esteem. Diminishing, or even getting rid of scars from acne can be such an esteem boost, that can effect your out look on life!
- This product does a better job at removing certain types of scars more than others. It works better on redness and discoloration due to scars, more than it does the brown spots.
- For oily skin, even though the cream is quite gentle, it seems to increase the facial oiliness.
- It has a very bad odor, so it is not pleasant to use.
- The Scar Zone does do a good job getting rid of a large majority of skin imperfections caused by acne. It also really helped with my occasional breakouts.
- It is a lightweight cream and does not effect my makeup usage. So even with concealer and foundation I know that the cream will stay on for hours at a time.
- Another great thing about this acne scar treatment is that it is, as the advertisements claim, very fast acting.
- The container is small, easy to store and does not need to be under any special conditions to keep.
Overall, Scar Zone may work for some, and is possible worth a try, although compared to many other acne scarring products it only comes in with a mediocre rating. There are many products on the market for scars due to acne that work very well, with a lot higher rating than this products.